SDVoE Alliance Presents Shootout between SDVoE Platform and a Traditional Matrix Switch at ISE 2020
Multifaceted demonstration definitively proves that SDVoE outperforms
MONTREAL — Jan. 21, 2020 — At ISE 2020 (RAI Amsterdam, Feb.11-14, stand 1-F40) the SDVoE Alliance® will feature a simple demonstration of two video systems, one an SDVoE™ network and the other a traditional matrix switch design. Each system consists of four 4K displays arranged in a 2×2 video wall. A single touch panel and control system will drive both video systems simultaneously.
“It’s time to leave the matrix switch behind us. Our industry’s future is Ethernet, and this demonstration illustrates that SDVoE delivers that future with the performance we’ve come to expect, and capabilities not previously imagined,” said Justin Kennington, president of the SDVoE Alliance. “Today’s successful AV implementations are focused on experience, not on bits and bytes. The SDVoE platform makes it simple to deliver an experience unmatched by any other technology, old or new.”
Key takeaways from the head-to-head SDVoE vs. matrix switch set up include proof that SDVoE provides:
- Built-in multiview compositing capability without added hardware
- Synchronized video wall processing that eliminates image tearing and motion jitter
- Instant switching for seamless content transitions
- Source image preview on the touch panel
- Image scaling without the usual one- or two-frame latency penalty
- A standardized API that makes it simple to manage SDVoE devices via legacy control systems
- Multi-vendor interoperability that reduces the risk of stranded investment as business needs change (A mix of hardware from Christie, NETGEAR, ZeeVee, Altimium, Aurora Multimedia, DVIGear, IDK, Kramer and Black Box will all be part of the SDVoE network.)
- Substantial cost saving for installation, maintenance, system changes and expansion
About the SDVoE Alliance
SDVoE is an initialism for “Software Defined Video over Ethernet”. The SDVoE Alliance is a nonprofit consortium of technology providers collaborating to standardize the adoption of Ethernet to transport AV signals in professional AV environments, and to create an ecosystem around SDVoE technology allowing software to define AV applications. The alliance participates in tradeshows and conferences, publishes white papers and case studies and promotes SDVoE technology, and solutions based on the technology, to system integrators, designers and consultants. Training and installer certification are also part of the mandate. The SDVoE Alliance founding members are Aquantia, Christie Digital, NETGEAR, Semtech, Sony and ZeeVee. All interested parties are invited to join the alliance and work toward its goals. For more information, visit sdvoe.org and follow us on Twitter @SDVoE.
+1 (514) 446-2412