Benefits of SDVoE Technology
SDVoE reaches beyond existing standards to provide benefits no other technology can claim:
- A complete ecosystem – SDVoE Alliance members are manufacturers with expertise in signal distribution, display manufacture, IT infrastructure, chip design and AV software. The integrator has dozens of partners to align with and products to choose from.
- A flexible yet simple software platform — the SDVoE API allows rapid development of highly specialized software, custom-tailored to the needs of a vast array of end users. Explore some of the many SDVoE use cases.
- A full stack solution — only SDVoE offers the simplicity of a complete top to bottom solution, fully encompassing infrastructure, transport, processing, and a simple control layer.
By leveraging global IT standards, SDVoE takes full advantage of the benefits those standards provide:
- Unprecedented cost savings — Ethernet switches cost up to 90% less per port than custom AV switches and this cost continues to decline. Moreover, manufacturers can save on R&D costs associated with developing multiple switch frame sizes, and instead focus on a portfolio of feature-rich endpoints.
- Increased I/O flexibility — Ethernet ports are fully bi-directional so each port may be treated as an AV input or an AV output. I/O ports of custom AV switches are dedicated as either input or output, usually with an equal input-to-output ratio on the chassis. This commonly results in many unused ports.
- Built-in scalability and future-proofing — high bandwidth up-links on Ethernet switches allow easy expansion beyond the capacity of the initially installed switch. Custom AV switches must be completely replaced when their I/O count is exceeded.
- Unmatched I/O density — Ethernet switches deliver 48 ports or more per 1U of rack space. Custom AV switches consume four times as much space, and often more.
- Shared infrastructure — as a standard LAN backbone, other networking gear can be used on the 10G AV network eliminating the need to install and maintain independent AV and data networks. SDVoE technology allows a full gigabit channel to be reserved for data traffic, ensuring no bottlenecks.
- Widely available control software — decades of pre-existing R&D for LAN monitoring and control can be leveraged for AV switching without the need to develop custom control software.